...We wish you a very Happy New Year!
If you are more of a tactile person or someone who likes to act things out, or if you have kids who like to play along, here is a New Year's ritual:
It was given to me by two of my past mentors, Marci Schmirnoff, author of "Chicken Soup For The Soul," and Dr. Sue Morter, author of "The Energy Codes," among others.
It reminds me of long-gone campfires and I thought you might enjoy it. Feel free to adapt it to your circumstances.
- In the first few days of the year, take out a piece of paper and write a list of everything that you want to let go of from 2020. These can include habits, behaviors, limiting beliefs, fears, physical conditions, feelings of resentment, conflicts, or thoughts that don't serve you.
- Then, thank all those items on that list for having been with you and for all the lessons learned, and for the ways you grew from them.
- Next, make a clear statement of letting go such as: "I now let go of all these things and anything else that no longer serves me and my miraculous life as I step into a glorious 2021."
- Then, gather around a fire in a fireplace and throw the paper in to be burned. If you don't have a fireplace, you can CAREFULLY burn it in a large stainless steel bowl.
Then, say out loud all and everything you're grateful for from the past year – the joys, celebrations, accomplishments, lessons learned, and growth experiences. Offer those into the fire to amplify it (figuratively).
- And finally, it's time to call in what you'd like to bring forward in 2021. So say out loud everything that you welcome into your vision of the New Year. The intentions, beliefs, behaviors, relationships, and everything else that you will embrace. Offer those into the fire to ignite your new vision!
With this powerful start, you'll be on your way to a magical, fulfilling year.
With Joy and Gratitude
Your JoyousLiving team,